SAFe® 4.5 Distilled
Applying the Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises, 2nd Edition
Format: Book (Also eBook and Book + eBook Bundle)
- List Price: $44.99
- SAVE 35% WITH CODE SCALEDAGILE
“SAFe® Distilled is the book we’ve all been waiting for. It breaks down the complexity of the Framework into easily digestible explanations and actionable guidance. A must-have resource for beginners as well as seasoned practitioners.”
—Lee Cunningham, Sr. Director, Enterprise Agile Strategy at VersionOne, Inc.
Provides an Indepth Understanding of SAFe
To succeed in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, businesses must be able to rapidly change the way they create and deliver value to their customers. Hundreds of the world’s most successful companies—including Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Northwestern Mutual, Cisco, and Philips—have turned to the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) to achieve agility at scale and maintain a competitive edge.
SAFe Distilled Breaks it Down
SAFe Distilled explains how adopting SAFe can quickly improve time-to-market and increase productivity, quality, and employee engagement. In this book, you will
- Understand the business case for SAFe: its benefits, the problems it solves, and how to apply it
- Get an overview of SAFe across all parts of the business: team, program, value stream, and portfolio
- Learn why SAFe works: the power of SAFe’s Lean-Agile mindset, values, and principles
- Discover how systems thinking, Agile development, and Lean product development form the underlying basis for SAFe
- Learn how to become a Lean-Agile leader and effectively drive an enterprise-wide transformation
What You Will Learn
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework and understand how to successfully implement it in an organization
- Be able to provide guidelines for implementing Lean-Agile principles at scale
- Learn how to overcome the most common potential barriers to organizational impediments that prevent business agility
- Become lean thinking managers who are able to teach teams to continuously improve the program and performance
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Overview
- Part 2: Mindset, Principles, and Leadership
- Part 3: Essential SAFe
- Part 4: Large Solution SAFe
- Part 5: Portfolio SAFe
- Part 6: Implementing SAFe
Visit the Sample Content tab to view the full Table of Contents at informIT.com.
Skill Level / Who Will Benefit from this Reference Guide
Intermediate–Advanced: Executives, managers, consultants, leaders, program managers, and Agile change agents; anyone in an enterprise level software development environment looking to achieve the business benefits of advancing Agile beyond a few teams or projects. The goal is to help you accomplish your mission of building better systems.
About the Authors
SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant
As a Principal Contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework, and with over a decade of guiding large-scale Agile transformations, Richard Knaster is a leading expert on modern software development practices. Richard has more than 25 years’ experience in roles ranging from developer to executive. Prior to joining Scaled Agile, Richard worked at IBM, where his career spanned from product line management (PPM domain) and professional services to chief methodologist, Agile and Lean. Richard is a certified IBM Thought Leader and an Open Group Distinguished IT Specialist. He is also a Certified SAFe® Program Consultant, PSM, Agile Certified Practitioner, PMP, and a contributor to the Disciplined Agile Delivery framework and PMI Portfolio / Program Management standards.
SAFe Creator and Chief Methodologist
Widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost authorities on software development, Dean Leffingwell is an author, entrepreneur, and software and systems development methodologist. His two best-selling books, Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise and Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises, form much of the basis of modern thinking on Lean-Agile principles and practices. Founder of several successful startups, including Requisite, Inc., makers of RequisitePro (acquired by Rational), Mr. Leffingwell also served as Chief Methodologist to Rally Software, and prior to that, as a Sr. Vice President at Rational Software (now part of IBM). He currently serves as Chief Methodologist to Scaled Agile, Inc., which he co-founded in 2011.